The Seniors at Del Cerro are an active group.
We have many areas in which to serve and share.
- Joymakers is a dedicated group of Seniors that meet every Wednesday morning from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. to sing and have fellowship. During the Christmas season we practice Christmas songs and sing for the nursing and retirement homes in our area. Our Director plans a program each year for the group to perform at our church as well as other local churches. We then take the program on the road and have gone to places such as Utah, Arizona as well as touring California. We will begin practicing for our program for this year soon so come and join us if you like to sing and have fellowship with other Seniors.
- We also have a Senior Council that plans Senior Luncheons every month, on the third Tuesday of the month. We sometimes have catered lunches and twice a year we have pot lucks. We have all kinds of entertainment from vocalists and instrumentals to watching professional DVD’s. We have a great time so join us for the next one. Millie Shriver also does a great job on the Senior page in the Herald as well as the Senior profile.
- The Senior Council also plans activities and events that we can attend together. We have gone to L.A. to the Farmers Market, Lawrence Welk’s Dinner Theater and this past December we went on a bus Light Tour of the beautiful Christmas lights around San Diego. There are many more events planned for this year.
- The Seniors also celebrate birthdays the last Tuesday of each month at Marie Calendar’s at 11:30 a.m. in La Mesa. The people who have birthdays that month are treated to a free piece of pie courtesy of the restaurant.
Check your Herald and the Bulletin for the most current information.
- Click below on the link for the Church Newsletter